Qld $7.1 million grant cutting energy use for manufacturers
- The State Government is helping Queensland manufacturers cut energy usage and costs
- Launching new $7.1 million Manufacturing Energy Efficiency Grant (MEEG) for equipment or processes to slash energy consumption
- Guidelines now available — applications open 23 October 2023
- Apply at https://www.rdmw.qld.gov.au/manufacturing/manufacturing-assistance-programs/meeg
- The Round will close on 30 June 2024 or when the funding is exhausted.
The Queensland Government’s new Manufacturing Energy Efficiency Grant program will help manufacturers reduce their energy usage and cut energy costs, by providing direct support to manufacturing businesses.
Eligible manufacturers can apply for matched grant funding of between $5,000 and $25,000 to buy equipment or introduce processes that will reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions.
With the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan, Queensland is now one of the best places for renewable energy investment and that flows all the way down the supply to chain, creating opportunities for Queensland manufacturers – particularly those who are already on the path to decarbonisation.
$7.1 million will be spread across two rounds with MEEG Round 2 being released next year. MEEG Round 1 Guidelines are now available online with applications accepted from 23 October 2023. The Round will close on 30 June 2024 or when the funding is exhausted.
To be eligible, projects must be able to demonstrate at least a 10% reduction in energy use or carbon emissions directly related to project implementation.