Grants of up to $2 million available for regional Queensland SMBs
Applications are now open for a new Queensland Government fund that is backing Queensland businesses to deliver more bush projects.
- Applications open for $50 million Backing Business in the Bush Fund
- Fund open to Queensland SMBs launching projects in regional Queensland
- Applications are open until 14 January 2024
- Learn more about the Backing Business in the Bush Fund and download the fund guidelines for information on eligibility and how to apply.
The $50 million Backing Business in the Bush Fund will support small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) that are looking to expand, enhance or diversify their business operations across regional Queensland.
By investing in productivity and efficiency, technology and infrastructure, employment and upskilling, long-term sustainability and competitiveness, businesses with regional projects will be encouraged to take their growth to the next level.
The fund has a focus on those businesses that have between 5 and 199 employees and are involved in traditional industry sectors.
Targeted traditional industry sectors include value-adding products in:
- agriculture, forestry and fishing
- mining, equipment and services (METS)
- transport and logistics, and
- manufacturing related to agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining, processing minerals, transport and defence.
Source: QLD Govt