Cost of living boost for first home buyers
Backing for first time home buyers by doubling grant, as part of a raft of cost of living measures delivered by the government.
- The Qld state government is doubling the First Home Owner Grant, taking the total to $30,000 for eligible first home buyers
- Effective from Monday 20 November 2023
- Visit the Qld Revenue Office website for further details.
The State Government is backing first home buyers, through increases to the First Home Owner Grant scheme. This means more Queenslanders have access to a helping hand when entering the property market.
The improved incentive includes doubling the First Home Owner Grant, taking the total to $30,000 for eligible first home purchases.
The $15,000 boost will come into effect for transactions entered into on or after Monday 20 November 2023.
First Home Owner Grant Eligibility
- You must be buying or building a new home valued at less than $750,000 (including land and any contract variations)
- You must be 18 years or older and this must be the first residential property owned in Australia.
- must not have been lived in or sold as a place of residence at the time of completion
- could be a
- must be one of the following eligible transactions
It is estimated this doubling of the grant will support around 12,000 buyers to unlock their first home by 30 June 2025, when the boost is set to expire.
Contact Carrick Aland’s Wealth Planning team in Dalby, Toowoomba or Chinchilla on 1300 466 998 for individualised and specialised financial advice.
Source: QLD Govt