Round 2 of this grants opens 1 July 2020
Does your business or farm qualify?
The Queensland Government announced Round 2 of the Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program, for grants of up to $10,000 to assist eligible small businesses.
Successful applicants from Round 1 of this program cannot apply for funding under Round 2.
If you have submitted a Round 1 application but haven’t heard back yet, you are eligible to apply for Round 2.
In recognition of the significant impacts of COVID-19 on small businesses, the funding can be used towards the following:
- financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- building the business through marketing and communications activities, for example, content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- digital/technological strategy development
- digital training or re-training to adapt to new business models
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 SAFE requirements
- specialised digital equipment or business-specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering)
- meeting business costs, including utilities, rent.
Grant funds can also be used towards any of the above activities occurring from 23 March 2020 onwards, keeping in mind the project must be completed within a maximum of 6 months from the date of approval.
Once the program budget has been fully allocated, applications for the program will close. It is estimated that approximately 10,000 small businesses will be supported through this program.
To be eligible, the business must:
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1 month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
Next Steps: Applying for the Grant + Additional Information
The link to apply for the Grant and for additional information is:
While you as the business owner need to apply for the Grant, please let us know if you need any assistance.
If you believe you are eligible, we recommend that you URGENTLY apply for this Grant before the funds allocated for it by the Queensland Government run out.