Nominate a farmer for the prestigious Farmer of the Year Award!
Farmers across the country are encouraged to nominate in the Kondinin Group and ABC Rural 2020 Australian Farmer of the Year Awards.
The program is now in its 11th year and was designed to recognise and celebrate excellence in Australian agriculture.
While the past twelve months have been a challenge for many farmers across the country with the ongoing drought coupled with the hottest and driest year on record for Australia, General Manager of Research at Bondinin Group Ben White said the Awards offer an opportunity to acknowledge the resilient and enduring spirit of rural and regional Australia.
“Farming is an industry full of highs and lows,” Mr White said.
“It is the never-give-up attitude, the striving for the best outcome we can achieve, that keeps us pushing on and focused on the future.”
Nominations are open in the following categories:
- Australian Farmer of the Year
- Young Farmer of the Year, sponsored by McDonald’s Australia
- Farming Legend of the Year
- Community Leader of the Year
- Rural Consultant of the Year, sponsored by Corteva Agriscience
- Agricultural Student of the Year, sponsored by AgriFutures Australia
- Award for Excellence in Innovation, sponsored by Telstra
- Award for Excellence in Technology, sponsored by New Holland
- Award for Excellence in Diversification
- Award for Excellence in Agricultural Research
Nominations are open until 24 May 2020 with farmers wanting to nominate, or nominate someone else, able to simply fill out the application form online.
For more information or to apply visit https://www.farmeroftheyear.com.au/.